Thursday 2 May 2013

Taking my time

I've been out of a routine for some time, except for wake up, go to work, come back from work, do a bit more work then go to bed. I've done bits here and there but not with any regularity as you can probably tell. I was meant to do the second Phoenix 10 mile tt last night but everything conspired against me, the most important of which was not having a bike. It's gone in for a service and it's turned out that it has needed a pretty major overhaul. I must have put some miles in on it at some point, but not lately.

I am running again, slowly and comfortably. I'm taking my time and ensuring that I do not muck my back up again by sticking to soft ground which is a lot easier now the sun's out and it's not constantly tipping down. The need to run a good marathon is burning brightly so I've entered the Bournemouth Marathon in October. I have 20 odd weeks so it's going to be a gradual build for 4-6 weeks before launching into a marathon schedule to build for a <3.10 marathon.

I just have not been able to get on the river in the last 2 weeks but hopefully over the weekend I can get back in a laance and meet up with the improvers' group at the Royal. Jamie and I are still threatening to go and race a Hasler if we can both get a weekend pass at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment