Saturday 27 September 2014

cycling 10 times per week

That's the truth. I am. Which is really great, but unfortunately as it's only a two mile commute trip from work to home and back it doesn't really count as quality miles under my belt. I have a further confession to make. I bought myself an ebay special for the journey as I didn't want to use the Van Nic for it and I had sold my langster a few months back. The commute bike is a GT Nomad bought for £50. My confession is that I then went out and bought a rack and panniers to cart my stuff around in. I am a fully paid up cycle commuter which I feel very smug about. The traffic is heavy and my bike is perfect for it and it's downhill nearly all the way in the mornings. I am saving myself a fortune in petrol and feeling very smug. With a lack of racing and training I have got myself into a few commuter races, for example drafting off a rider in full OPQS team gear while I'm riding in a shirt and tie. A small and inconsequential win.

I've been doing no training at all except the odd hour here and there. I just don't have the headspace for it at the moment but I need to find some time for something. My target of 20 miles per day in my last post is now laughable in the extreme. 4 miles per day will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment