Sunday 11 January 2015

Parkrun #1 10.01

20:06 33rd 4th MV

A great start considering I've done no speed or conditioning work for a very long time. I did a slow warm up lap to try to get my legs firing before the off. It was dry but very windy, with a nice tailwind in the 2nd km and a headwind in the 4th. The usual cavalry charge down the first straight when I left everyone burn off and by the first turn I was overtaking a steady stream of runners. I felt great through the first 3kms and knowing the wind was going to be in my face very soon I worked hard to get in a pack of 10 runners about 10 metres ahead. Instead of sitting tight for a bit I kept going and so found myself pretty exposed afterwards. The last km was just about hanging on. I was exactly a minute slower than my last parkrun, but in the circumstances it was great start to the year.

I've ridden a couple of 1 hour rides home from work and a couple of other runs for the week, so steady if unspectacular week of training.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work mate, only a week after your alarm went off!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete