Saturday 28 November 2015

Who'd have thought a turbo session would be enjoyable?

Certainly, not me. I've been using a turbo for the last 8 years or so, but as I stated in my last post, it's only now that I realise just how pants my old one was. The Trainerroad website has been a revelation.    I have been following their Sweetspot Base phase plan and it's been so easy to follow, with very structured sessions and easy to follow power graphs and numbers to hit. It will only be in four months when the tt season starts up again that I will find out how much training effect this will have, but one thing's for sure; it will have considerably more training effect than doing nothing at all.

Last week I rode a lumpy fifty with Simon and Dale and I did struggle a little on the hills towards the end but I felt pretty good for most of the rest of the ride. On Thursday I have been trying to organise a chaingang ride with the Phoenix, although it's only been myself and one other, so it's effectively been one hour's worth of tempo two up riding and I can feel that I am fitter at this time of year than I have ever been before. Hopefully, I am laying the foundations for a good season next year.

Next week will be another base week, but I will include another FTP test, as the last one is a month Los now.  It will be very interesting to see what difference has been made so far.

Predictions on a postcard please....

No comments:

Post a Comment