Sunday 27 December 2015

Last (outdoor) ride of the year

A very grey and windy 50 miles this morning with Simon and Suzie, heading out to Dorking then turning onto the A29 with a detour around the Sporting 10 course. After a pretty hard trainer road session yesterday morning it took a little while for my legs to get loose and fluid, but once they were I was feeling very strong. Not fast, but like a lumpy V twin rather than a single cylinder two stroke.

It ended up being a bit of a mixed ride with rolling lumps rather than out right hills and Simon and I taking it in turns on the front, pushing on over the second half of the G10/42 course as we came back to Dorking. Despite eating my own body weight in meat, potatoes and bread, I have never felt fitter at this time of year, ever. Consistent training works, even when eating boxfuls of mince pies. January 1st will be when I hit the reset switch as far as my eating and diet goes. Until then, one more piece of pie please!

I thought that I would really suffer by not doing  any running at all but it has been a really good release and despite the inordinate amount of food I have consumed over the holidays, my weight has pretty much stayed in check. I think I have always felt that I have needed to run to keep my weight down but the consistent turbo sessions seem to be burning off enough calories, which is good.

So a couple more turbo sessions to see out the year and that's me done for another year. Pretty certain that cycling wise, 2016 is going to be a hell of a lot better than 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment