Tuesday 21 May 2019

The results are in - again

So far, so good.

A CSS test yesterday morning in a relatively quiet pool lane, which saw an improvement in my CSS pace from 1:49/100m last time, to 1:45/100m now. Best of all was my 400m time trial which has improved from 7:09mins to 6:54mins, and it felt a lot more comfortable and I think I could have squeezed a bit more out. Even so, that's really good to see.


Climbing the ftp staircase
I followed this up with a ftp test this morning. Getting up before 6am to smash yourself to bits on the turbo takes some motivation, but thankfully, my motivation is pretty high at the moment with eight weeks to go. I'd been a bit disappointed with my last couple of tests, seeing it fall from 274 watts to 250 and with the fatigue I'd been feeling I wasn't sure if I'd improve it much, so was properly chuffed to get back up to 274. It's good to see the training paying off and I'm hopeful I can squeeze out a few more watts over the next 6 weeks before the taper starts.

All of a sudden, it all seems very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment