Sunday 19 September 2010

A cunning plan


This week and the next week or so has been about planning for the next nine months or so in the lead up to my chosen long course event next summer. I have even been busy colour coding the various periods within the training cycle. Heck, I might even write the odd macro or two. ;-) All this is in the pursuit of what I would define as my 'perfect' race, which I know I am a very long way from. After the Little Woody I felt tired and needed a bit of a break, but I have kept ticking over and I have really enjoyed commuting to work on my Van Nic, absolutely spanking it past the stationary queues of traffic. I have ordered some goodies from Wiggle which I am going to use to give my old Trek a bit of an overhaul in preparation for what the worst of winter will throw at it while the Van Nic gets bolted to the turbo for the winter.


I am unfortunately a bit crocked again. I tried to go for a long run last week but had to cut it short to one hour when my left achilles flared up quite badly, which obviously is hardly good news for a serious sub-3 attempt at the Luton Marathon. Disappointing, but if there's one thing I've learnt then it's worth re-adjusting goals rather than just throwing them out the window. A marathon pb is still very much possible but I am going to have to work really hard on my rehab in order to be able to run for 3 hours plus.
I've had a great weekend up in Loughborough for a 20 year Uni reunion with friends visiting old haunts and playing the odd round of golf. I had not been back in 15 years or so and it was odd seeing the places after such a long time and I felt quite old :-( Quite sad to see that my favourite pub no longer exists and is now an estate agents' office. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment