Wednesday 12 January 2011

Wheezy by name....

wheezy by nature :-(

The last two weeks have been very frustrating. I have been itching to get on with some training and preparation but my weak lungs have not been letting me. Last week was completely written off; headaches, snot, coughing, high temperature, more snot and more coughing. I really had the full works. But trying to adpot a positive attitude I thought about doing the right things to bring it to an end as quickly as possible, so I ate as healthily as I could, took out shares in Beechams and consumed vats of day nurse and night nurse and most importantly, slept. I have now entered the dry, hacking cough stage this week and I am caught between really wanting to be doing something and knowing that do anything too strenuous will probably end up with me being worse off. Grrr.... Monday, Adam and I were due to paddle but the river was up on yellow boards and so we decided to scrub and go for a run instead. I did a very easy 20 minutes with Ad and felt ok, pleased to be doing my first training of 2011, but an hour later I was feeling hot and dizzy. Not a good sign. We were due to paddle again last night but I just knew it would be foolhardy, I am just not over my cold enough yet, so once again, my 'training' consisted of being in bed by 9 o' clock.

Adam, on the other hand, has been going great guns. He did 4 paddles last week and on sunday ran 8 miles; his longest ever run. At least he is getting somewhere. Hopefully, I'll be back on the river and back on my bike tomorrow, but this was not the consistent training approach I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment