Monday 30 January 2012

Excel doesn't lie.

last night I started to plug some numbers into my DW pace calculator and it does not make pretty reading. I put in our pace from the DW last year and we potentially have a problem. Due to the very early high tide time at Teddington (04:32), then even if we leave at the earliest opportunity on Saturday (07:00), the pace that we go at we will still arrive over 2 hours into the tide window.

In theory, that should be fine as we will therefore arrive at the peak of the flow back to Westminster but it means that if for any reason we slow up, get injured, have too many capsizes or just generally don't get a move on, then we can potentially end up missing the tide, which is not a nice thing to contemplate.

Quite simply, we are going to have to get faster.

1 comment:

  1. Mate being the last boat through in 2011 I feel your pain! The lack of water when we passed through tendington was soul destroying and the next 3 hours were the toughest of my life... That's an early tide you got there but I'm sure you will make it!!

    ReplyDelete