Sunday 22 January 2012

Lurgy

I have limped through this week, metaphorically and actually. Last Friday week Adam and I finally paddled the Mystere down from Walton to The Royal and as happens with these paddles, what with mucking about with cars it ended up being a late night and Adam and I were not off the water until gone 10.30pm. The paddle was wonderfully uneventful and we were both pleased at how comfortable we were in the Mystere despite very little K2 paddling in the last 6 months. The next morning though I woke up with a raging sore throat which left me being utterly zonked for the rest of the weekend. On top of that my left foot began to ache again. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.

My cold well and truly developed this week. Initially not too bad but as the week progressed my head got thicker and my nose runnier. Being involved with the Jantastic Marathon Talk running challenge I dragged myself out to complete my 5 weekly runs. Lots of slow 20 and 30 minute shuffles, which were horrible to start with but seemed to get better as they progressed. So, I've done my runs but there was absolutely no quality in them. I guess it beats doing nothing, but at times, I was not so sure.

Adam and I got out for a paddle on Wednesday evening, unfortunatelyy missing the DW group from the Royal. They were just coming back as we left. I didn't have the energy to do intervals as scheduled by Bob, so we did a solid tempo paddle up towards Hampton Court, turning around after 30 minutes to complete an hour on the water. The first 10 minutes were rubbish; tense and twitchy, the next 50 were pretty good.

This week, I am looking forward to getting back on my bike. I spent half an hour or so this afternoon watching a few IM and DW videos on Youtube to get some mojo back into my system and realised that I am missing my bike and I want to start getting some miles in on it. I am very pleased that this week is done with and that the next one can only be better.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment