Wednesday 13 June 2012

I miss running

I have not run a step for 7 weeks and that's really starting to get to me. I miss the routine and certainty of that most simple of forms of exercise. I miss the fact that I can squeeze a really effective session into half an hour. I miss being outside, running through puddles, running fast, running slow, running long. It just makes me all the more keen to get this foot thing sorted so I can get my trainers back on in anger. Speaking of which I had another GP appointment yesterday; more tests and prodding and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be able to get a referral for something a bit more concrete. In the meantime, more icing, more stretching, more nurofen gel.

Adam and I were back out on the river last night. It was a slow 40 minute paddle in the llances with the river up high (turns out they are now on red again). Absolutely bombed back in a fraction of the time it took to plug away against the flow. Afterwards I had another stability session in the ranger. Only 2 capsizes this time and I had a feeling that I was a bit more stable. Hopefully I'll be back in it again later in the week . Little and often in an attempt to get comfy in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment