Sunday 17 November 2013

Hibernating

In the last couple of weeks I have been in tickover, just bumbling along doing bits and pieces while the season lies dormant. I had hoped that I would get my run legs back and enter a 10 km or half marathon race but my Achilles is still stubbornly refusing to play ball. Fine one day; knackered the next.  My run shoes are completely shot to bits so I guess a new pair of shoes would be a good start as well as all the boring stretches and exercises that I need to do.

Cycling has been lots of commuting and a long ride at the weekend. I should have been getting on the turbo but having to muck about changing wheels when I need the Van Nic for riding to work the next day kept putting the kybosh on that, until last Friday anyway when a shiny new Argon 18 e-80 landed on my doorstep. :-). So far I have only 'ridden' it on the turbo and started to sort out my position which is significantly different to the Van Nic even when it has tri bars attached. Stack height, reach, seat post height all need to be tinkered and tampered with until I have a position which is both aerodynamic and comfortable. I'm sure that my antique body is going to require a fair bit of time to adapt. But I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do on it next year.



1 comment: