Sunday 12 April 2015

Just don't call it a comeback

Park run yesterday morning. This time both Achilles decided to have a little grumble after I did a slow 30 minutes yesterday. I ran the first half with Wheezy junior to get warmed up a bit before pushing on to record a 21:15 for my 10th park run finish. I think I can now get my first Parkrun club t-shirt. :-) Good fun, although the weather decided to turn a bit grotty after the glorious sunshine we had earlier in the week.

On Thursday I got back into a K2 for the first time in 18 months or so; maybe longer? Jamie and I decided to meet up and have a little splash about for old times sake. At the boathouse we came across our old Discovery that we used in the 2010 race and it still had our race number on it. We contemplated taking it out as Jamie seemed to think I would have him in but we decided on a Condor instead. It was a beautiful morning, really warm and pleasant but we paddled no more than 2.5 miles over a 40 minute period. Blimey. And we've  done this for 24 hours before? How did we do that? I was very sore at the end, my right shoulder was particularly feeling it. We stayed dry, had a bit of fun and ended up spending a lot longer chatting over a coffee. I have really noticed my lack of core strength recently and maybe a regular paddle now and again might be a good way of getting some of that back. We are going to try to meet up for a paddle more regularly and see if we can get our old bodies back into some kind of condition and if we have a decent summer then we can get a few miles under our belts.

Today was a lumpy 40 mile ride with Simon taking in Newlands, Coombe Bottom, Crocknorth and Pebble Hill. Felt pretty good. Steady if not spectacular It's a 25 TT next week which should give me a better indication of where my cycling is at the moment and if a sub 1 hour is doable in the next couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. You know all to well what a little splash around in K2 Leads to!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete