Wednesday 11 April 2018

Audax Kit

I've started getting all the bits and bobs I'm going to take on the audax with me. To be honest, this is overkill as I regularly do 80-100 mile rides with little more than a couple of spare tubes, a bottle and a cash point card, but with longer events on the horizon it seems prudent to pack for a longer event and see how this works for me.

Gilet / lightweight top / lucky DW snood / base layer / 2 tubes (plus 1 in a back pocket) / tyre levers (plus one in back pocket) / multitool / spare link / puncture repair kit / ibuprofen / spare front light / charger and mini-usb lead / cable ties / cafe lock / waterproof case for my phone. Also not in the picture I have packed my waterproof jacket which packs fairly small.

Still a few bits needed - pack of AAA spare batteries / front light which can velcro to my helmet for when it gets dark to read my Garmin. This shouldn't be an issue for the Amesbury Amble, but will be for longer events. Also need to organise a way of carrying some spare chain lube / chamois cream / sun cream.

So I've bagged it all up as follows. All my clothes except my waterproof jacket is in the Wimbledon bag. The top tube bag contains the charger pack, lock, phone. There's not really any room for food but I will carry bars and sarnies in my back pockets, as I have always done. The blue bag contains all my spare tubes and levers. The green bag contains the multi-tool / spare links / ibuprofen / cable ties.




All that comfortably fits into the Alpkit bag and there's still room for me to put my mini pump and leggings in there. I'm going to sort out how best to attach it under the seat on Friday, but tomorrow I've got a long ride planned with Simon so I will check that the Garmin 800 charges ok from the charge pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment