Saturday 10 March 2012

Details

Our Garmin is now installed in front of Adam's cockpit.

I think a piece of tape tactically placed over the 'distance travelled' display will be needed so as not to drive Adam nuts, constantly seeing how far we've still got to go.

We now have our confirmed entry and we've got one of the 30 slots for Good Friday check-in, so we should be able to get away super early on Saturday.

Dad has been and recce'd the paddle that we are due to do next week and reports that some of the roads around the access points are closed from this week and will continue to be so for 12 weeks. It could make it a bit interesting but at least we can make our mistakes next weekend.

I managed to get a late night ergo interval session  for an hour earlier this week and last night I got out for another interval paddle up to Molesey and back. I think my improved technique is showing as I pb'd the time for this paddle. Managed to hit another fishing line about 20 metres from the Royal, again completely unlit and again managed to unhook myself. The fisherman was a complete twit.

After my paddle I spent an enjoyable 30 minutes with epoxy resin and grp tape putting in another bolt to hold on my seat in order that there is no chance of them moving when portaging and I plan to also install our safety bags under there so that our dry bag can be much smaller. Details, details.....

2 comments:

  1. Its not that I have no will power - I would have to sneak a look under the tape - then I would be tired and we and possible suicidal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *would* have no will power and would have to sneak a look. Luckily, I'm in the front. :-)

    ReplyDelete