Wednesday 12 September 2012

Back in a laance

Jonesy and I went for a paddle last night in some club laances. I felt a bit of a failure regressing back to one after trying to master the Ranger for the past couple of months but there's only so many lengths of the narrow cut that I can take. To be honest, it's not only been a bit stressful but also a bit boring. I needed a change so we hit the river for the first time in months. It felt like good old fashioned DW training and I loved it. We were only out for an hour or so and we didn't go very far, shuttling between Teddington lock and Kingston railway bridge, but it was so good to be back in a boat paddling without worrying about a capsize all the time. I did a few half-hearted interval efforts but mainly I was just trying to do the basics right. It made me remember what I enjoy about paddling. We need a project and I would love to have a go at the Liffey Descent race next year. Weirs, capsizes and Guiness; what's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment