Wednesday 31 October 2012

The results are in

Well I've just got back from the physio with the results of my MRI scan and it seems that I have a few minor issues that are all impacting on my foot. A small fluid sack here, an even smaller ganglion there with a pinch of stressed metatarsal and an aggravated cuboid bone. She's referred me to the consultant to see if anything can be done but at the moment it's a case of continuing to manage it. I feel like I've got a handle on it a bit more. I even went out for a slow 5 mile run yesterday only 2 days after a 3 mile run with Adam while seeing friends in Manchester over the weekend. I now know that  exercise is not really causing this so I might as well run and be damned. I feel better for making that decision. I am entered into a 10km race in December just as a small goal to get me out running regularly again. I am aiming at 3 runs per week, hopefully 4.

I am also over my cold, hence the running over the weekend, but stuff at home has been rather bonkers so I have been easing back in gradually, with #Turbovember starting in earnest tomorrow. November is going to be a run and bike base block. Slow, easy miles at a low intensity just to get my legs used to doing some daily work again. And stretching again. Lots of stretching continuing to focus on my hams, lower back and calves. That will probably continue to be the most important bit of training that I do.

1 comment: