Saturday 13 April 2013

An easy run

A couple of really hard days at home with wheezy junior doing his best to remove the lower part of his leg with, of all things, a spinning bike that had pedals on it like bear traps. He won't be climbing on one of those again to look at his squash club ladder.  :-( So a night with him in hospital while they stitched him back up has taken its toll.

Last night I was meant to meet the boys for a cheeky beer but with junior's injury, a load of diy stuff planned for the previous day didn't get done until late. By 10.30pm I had had enough and headed out the door for a 40 minute run, with my back behaving itself. Despite a simple out and back along a very unnatractive main road, the run did its job. It blew away the cobwebs and put a smile on my face. It felt good and it was good. More of them over the summer are desperately needed.

1 comment:

  1. The next time I see you, remind me to show you my scar from the exact same (although back of the leg) injury. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete