Tuesday 5 April 2016

A short paddle

A one hour paddle with Jamie this morning, just to remind myself what it is like to paddle a kayak. Jamie was in his Tor while I stuck to a laance. All in all, it wasn't too bad, although quite slow, with quite a bit of flow on the Thames. We just did a lap of Desborough and then most of the way down to the portage at Walton. Jamie looked relaxed and lazily fast while I felt right and achy. I really must spend a bit of time looking after my back as it will help everything. The club have a new Marsport Epsilon, so after I put the laance away I had a sit in it. It's about the same wobble factor as Jamie's Tor but it was a bit too much for me at the moment. I think I might get back out in the club Hobby and work up to the Epsilon when the air temperature warms up, as I am bound to take a swim in it at some point. 

Anyway, a beautiful morning to be on the river. Back into the shed this evening to start the Trainerroad 40km TT speciality plan and my first 10m tt at the weekend.
Jamie in his Tor 

Thinking about trying the Epsilon. Deciding against it.

The chuckle brothers back on the river.













No comments:

Post a Comment