Monday 4 April 2016

Missing in action

Firstly, apologies to anyone that's bothered, about changing the blog template again. I've been trying to do a bit of housekeeping on the blog so that I can archive posts into some sort of order using tags and that sot of stuff, and I just didn't like how it all looked; I still don't. But I'm going to have a tinker with it over the next few weeks and hopefully make it easier to read.

Yesterday was a bit of an anticlimax as I had arranged to meet Dale and cycle over to the start of the SCCU 25 tt at Broadbridge Heath on the A24. I have started countless time trials from there in the past 6 years or so and never missed the start of a race. Unfortunately, yesterday I did. The way time trials work, you cannot just slot into another position, well you can if there is another dns, but the clock effectively continues to run from your actual start time. So had I started 5 minutes later, then my time would include that extra 5 minutes. I had 2 upped with Dale all the way there and rather than warmed up, I was more 'worn out' by the time we got there. Dale made his start with 30 seconds to spare. I sat at the HQ and drank tea.

After Dale got back we 2 upped from Broadbridge Heath, with me dragging Dale home. He was pretty wiped out after his 25, posting a 58:xx in the process, so I used it as a chance to get some faster miles in the bank, while Dale freewheeled behind me. This is an unusual occurrence because Dale is an absolute machine. So while not racing, I got a solid 50 miles in which left me tired and achy for the rest of the day. Speaking of achy, my back is not what it used to be. Hopefully, Jamie and I are meeting up for our now annual post DW following paddle, My core was never in as good a condition as when I was paddling ( even though the rest of me was in bits) but maybe a gentle paddle now and again will help me get my core strength back a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment