Saturday 9 March 2013

4 minutes

I tried to go out for another run this afternoon and I managed a paltry 4 minutes before having to turn and walk back. My back's been a bit better over the last couple of days so I thought I might be able to do a short one, but almost as soon as I started I knew that there was no real change. I found some great exercises on the Kinetic-Revolution site which I have been using to strengthen my glutes and hamstrings but they are not going to make a difference overnight.

It looks like I am going to have to re-evaluate my goals for the marathon. At the moment it's just about getting to the startline. and anything else is a bonus.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck mate, really hope it get's sorted for you! Caroline has had an ongoing hip problem for a while now and was sidelined a few weeks back, her problem stemmed from Over pronating, Bursitis and weak glutes. Seems ok at the minute and hopefully she will get through next weeks Stafford Half ok!! We are down in London Town to watch the VLM as i have another friend running so if you hear random people cheering you on..... it's us : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Another incentive to make the start line.

    ReplyDelete