Thursday 15 November 2012

#Turbovember Day 15

So I am halfway through this #turbovember thing and I am still intact, just. I have to say the last couple of days have been hard work, particularly due to this snotty cold which has hung on grimly. I think that I am just about over it now but it would be fair to say that sitting on a turbo everyday, usually pretty late at night, come what may, probably hasn't been the best remedy for it. But it has shown that I can train through it with a bit of care. My commuting had to give though while I tried to recover but I was glad to be back on the langster today for my one hour's worth of commute mileage. Felt pretty good too.

This evening was another 40 minute session and it was the first time that the lactic acid really started to flow. It went, 10min w/u, (4x2mins, 2mins spin recovery), (4x1 min, 1min spin recovery), 10 mins w/d.

It hurt. A lot. I have not pushed myself hard on a bike like that since my 25mile tt a couple of months ago, although this time I avoided a technicolour yawn.

Top turbo tunes tonight? Stone Roses- Love spreads, Kasabian-underdog, Led Zep-Nobody's fault but mine. Commute ride tomorrow and either an easy turbo or easy brick it it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment