Sunday 18 November 2012

#Turbovember Day 18

I was feeling very secondhand this morning but I had arranged to meet Simon for a run so I managed to drag myself out of bed to meet him. We decided to head over to Richmond Park and do a slow lap and this was to be my longest run in a long time. It was a gorgeous morning, lots of frost on the ground and only just above freezing. The only damper on it all was my stomach which still wasn't feeling right. The first few miles were ok but as we ran on I began to feel worse and worse. I could feel myself getting hot but it was not a healthy warm glow, instead, it was my cheeks and throat on fire while I shuffled along at a barely respectable pace. The last couple of miles from Richmond back to Kingston were horrible and I couldn't wait to get back to the warmth of the car. I made the decision there and then that that was going to be it for the day. I could have gone into the turbo dungeon for a short session but it would not have achieved anything. So today was the first day in 18 that I have not been on my bike. Tomorrow, service will be resumed. But for now, night nurse and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment