Saturday 17 November 2012

#Turbovember Day 17

I am really pleased to have got today done. I felt pretty second hand this morning with a very tight stomach; that feeling you get when you've consumed too many gels or carb drink. My diet has been awful for the last week or two, rarely eating a balanced dinner and far too light on fruit and veg. Allied to that there's been a vomiting bug doing the rounds at work so it seemed that it was my turn to suffer this but it never really materialised. By mid-afternoon I thought I might as well hop on the turbo and see if that improved the situation or not. Kill or cure and all that.....

It was a fairly low key session of 45 minutes on the turbo as 10spin/10steady/10spin/10steady/5spin. I then went out for an easy run afterwards. the first time I have run in anger in 2 weeks. Other than my stomach I felt really good. Proof positive, in my mind at least, that there is some transferable fitness from bike to run. I cannot remember my last brick session. Three months ago? Something like that and my feet were behaving themselves. Hopefully tomorrow will be a slightly longer run and short turbo spin. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment