Monday 5 November 2012

#Turbovember Day 5

A hurried 30 minutes in the dungeon before the kids' pick up; mostly high cadence/low resistance spinning with 2x5min efforts thrown in, mainly to keep me warm. This evening it was back to kingfisher Tri for a swim session to start the long process of rebuilding  some swim fitness. While this month is about building some base bike and run fitness, triathlon is 3 disciplines (apparently) so I need to get some swimming under my belt now as well, if I am to stand even the remotest chance of qualifying from the Dambuster Tri. Being 10 minutes down after the swim will mean game over almost straight away. It was mainly technical stuff this evening but I still found it pretty hard. There was no real catch to speak of; I could feel my arm slipping through the water rather than driving with an effective forearm and my spine was too bendy. I was thrashing like a marlin on the end of a fishing line rather than staying straight and it all just felt very weak and underpowered.  It's a long way to go yet and I have found that usually my swim fitness is the one area that comes back pretty quickly.Fatal last words. Doh...

Commute rids tomorrow, lunchtime run with an evening turbo set. Off.To.Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment